Football_888sport betting $

New to OP

New to Outstanding Poker? Introduce yourself to the community with a quick post here surrounding your background and where you're at with your poker game!

New to OP

Postby embett » Sun May 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to OP, still not a full blown member :S

I've just started playing on-line poker losing money pretty quickly. So I decided to improve before I play for my own money again, by playing in B-Win's free rookie tournaments and winning it twice bringing in around $12 free money.

I seem to play well when no for money (may be the other players are worse), or in small money tournaments, but terribly on cash tables. Any suggestions?

I've watched a couple of the beginner video's which really improved my play, but I just struggle when I have something to lose.

Any help appreciated,
Kitson.
embett

Re: New to OP

Postby hockeyguy » Sun May 08, 2011 7:20 pm

hello and welcome

a few ways i have "discovered" to not play worse when money is on the line

i play well below my bankroll. meaning i have about 60 times a table buyin so if things go bad i am in no danger of going broke

i play games i am positive i can beat based on experience, i have moved from 10nl to 200nl, although i play mostly 100nl just because i am more comfortable there and 100% positive i am good enought to beat the players at that level. I am 95% positive i can beat the 200nl games as well, but i am in no hurry. those games will be there when i decide to move up

by playing, the more you play the less you think about bets as actual money, you are thinking about the poker situation and poker logic and the bets are just numbers on the screen.

rob
aka hg
i do find that every time i move up stakes the money thoughts do creep into my head so i play a bit tighter each time i move up until the money thoughts fade and my pea brain gets to just thinking about the poker thoughts. the more confident that i can beeat the stakes i am playing the less i think of the money when i am playing.

i doubt i will ever get over the money thoughts, i am just not built that way like big gamblers, regardless of the fact that any money i play poker has no effect on my lifestyle other than winning a bit of extra play money to piss away on booze, golf , and hockey
hockeyguy
Outstanding Poker Pro

Postby embett » Mon May 09, 2011 3:38 am

Hi rob,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try and keep that in mind. So playing pretty conservatively for a while until I feel more comfortable with the money should help.

Hopefully I can get signed up fully after my exams are over and improve my game a lot more with the video's :).

Thanks again,
Kitson

Quick question, If I sign up monthly and decide to stop is it possible to cancel after that month, or is there some sort of contract?
embett

Postby embett » Tue May 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Been playing lowest micro stakes for a little bit today,
Post exam break :P

I felt a lot more comfortable playing today, up a few dollars which is always good and improving how I play which is a load better. Still realising mistakes as soon as I hit the button but how else will I learn.

Thanks again
Kitson
embett

Postby atta22 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Glad to have you on board embett! It'll be a long but rewarding journey to becoming a solid poker player :)
atta22
Outstanding Poker Lead Pro

Return to New Member Introductions