Football_888sport betting $

MicroStakes Bankroll Challenge

This is the forum for poker strategy, training and hand history analysis, to general chatter and new member introductions.

Re: MicroStakes Bankroll Challenge

Postby hockeyguy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:43 pm

thanks for tip Cud

it only shows last 30days which was about $55 covering the 50nl level
i reckon i got about 3x or 4x that at 25nl since i lingered theres for about 5x as many hands
and not too much at 10nl, so 200 is probably in the range for the total challenge

hg
hockeyguy
Outstanding Poker Pro

Postby legian62 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Sorry for the late congratz but well done!
legian62

Postby leejohnny » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:20 pm

it's easy to start with NL25 than NL10,
players in this two limits are almost the same,
but start from NL25 will be more quickly to build the bankroll.
leejohnny

Postby hockeyguy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:06 am

leejohnny wrote:it's easy to start with NL25 than NL10,
players in this two limits are almost the same,
but start from NL25 will be more quickly to build the bankroll.

i must humbly disaggree,

while 10nl and 25nl players are both quite easy to beat once you have a certain skill level there a couple big differences.

there are way more 10nl players that will stack off ultra light thinking it is only 10 bucks. The 10nl players are also almost totally consistent and therefore transparent in their style, so hand reading is easier in the 10nl games. This results in very different win rates possible at these stake levels, 10NL games can eaasily be beat for 25-35 big blinds/100hads depending on the site you play and skill level. The 25nl games has fewer players that stack off ultra light and enough players that occasionally mix up their play that these games are difficult to beat beyond 15-18 bb/100hands (and i do no believe they can be beat near 30bb by a begining type player), although quite easy to beat in the 10-12bb/100 hands range as you are learning.

Also i know many players that can beat 10nl, but struggle at 25nl, so there must be some difference in the play and skill level between the stake levels. I felt no shame beating 5bb/100 hands when i joined OP, then crushing the 10nl games 30+bb/100hands as i was learning and then moving to 25 nl and upward from there.

If you can beat 25nl, the by all means play it and build theBR, but if you are not beating 25nl, then a temporary drop to 10nl to build BR and skills to be ready for 25nl.

hg
hockeyguy
Outstanding Poker Pro

Postby astrostar88 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:09 pm

I look forward to trying it out!!!
astrostar88

Postby jmcgregor187 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:08 am

hockeyguy wrote:Howdy All

Since Matt's HUSnG bankroll challenge was so successful and interesting i thought i would fancy a go at a similar effort in the microgames for NL holdem. I havent thought too much yet about my exact goals and the time commitment to meet the goals as far as what the stopping point might be dollarwise.

My general thought is to start at 10 nl and work up from there from a starting balance of $100. I am interested if anyone has any input on a couple of issues.

where to play- ( just not bodog since i have most of my bankroll there for higher games)

i have smaller rolls at full tilt, poker stars and ultimate bet, or i could open an account on the cake network.
My leanings are to open a new account and be eligible for any matching bonus etc that any new players would be eligible for and to start from the ground up with no reads on any opponents when i start.

Also interested to know if there is interest in mixing in a few sessions at full ring games and how those games are ripe for building a bankroll at the microstakes games.

I welcome any feedback on those issues or anything else related the challenge. i will do some math in the meantime to estimate reasonable goal for ending bankroll and time it will take to achieve and the time i will need to devote to the challenge and balancing that with my other obligations, interests, family etc.

I look forward to your feedback
gl all HG
jmcgregor187

Previous

Return to General Chat - Poker Strategy and Training